Using your own audio messages in combination with Audiopedia's content can be a good idea if you want to build a digital community outreach for your NGO. In combination with WhatsApp, it can become quite a powerful tool.
Creating your own voice recordings is less complicated than you might think. You don't need a recording studio or a professional speaker. It is enough to use your mobile phone to achieve a reasonable quality.
Here are some tips if you want to do a voice recording on your smartphone:
- First, look for a voice recording app on your device. Look for apps labeled "Recorder," "Voice Recorder," "Memo," "Notes," etc.
- If you can't find a voice recorder app installed on your device already, you can quickly install one from the Google Play Store.
- Search the Play Store for "voice recorder" and browse through the list of results to find a free app that meets your needs.
- Find the microphone. Usually it’s located on the bottom of the handset.
- Point the phone’s microphone in the direction of the person speaking.
- Make sure your hand isn’t covering the microphone.
- Keep a reasonable distance between your mouth and the microphone.
Want to learn more? This Audiopedia Academy video course guides you through the complete process. Enjoy!